I can’t believe it’s already May! I have finished my second semester at college and can now swim, work, relax and read. In that order most likely. Today also starts my book buying ban as I have 13 or so books on my shelf that have been purchased in the last year (except for The October Country by Ray Bradbury as I still have a few stories to read). I decided in January that I was actually going to do a Goodreads reading challenge for 2015. My goal: 23 books. I have already completed 7.
The Books I have read as of May 1, 2015:
- The Enchanter Heir- Cinda Williams Chima: I love these books and I cannot wait to read The Sorcerer Heir, but I will wait until it comes out in paperback so I can have the series look uniform. I love the new characters and it seems to be going in an exciting direction. I love the little bits we get from the original characters (the scene where he meets Ellen and Jack and sword fight is fantastic)
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe- Benjamin Alire Saenz: This book was amazing. The writing was beautiful and the characters. Oh the characters! So well written even the parents. I was in love with this book from the beginning. I loved it so much that I let my friend borrow it to read.
- All Fall Down- Ally Carter: So when I saw that this book was coming out I was excited and a little weary. I have loved all of her books so far and I wanted to love this one so much. I was a little worried that it wouldn’t meet the high standards I’ve had for her books. I was mistaken. This book is fantastic and a great start to the series. Grace is a loving protagonist who lives in an incredibly interesting world. The end of the book had me in shock. I was sad to wait for other people to finish it (even though nobody I know has read it to date). I ended up getting the book early because I picked it up off the shelf of a bookstore and purchased it only to find out it wasn’t supposed to be released for another two weeks (oops).
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy- Douglas Adams: So many references solved. I have seen this book talked about everywhere (to the point that one of my friends just told me to remember 42. I was so confused). This might be one of the classics in the science-fiction realm. I cannot wait to dive into the rest of the series.
- Fangirl- Rainbow Rowell: When I saw the special edition covers come out, I knew this was a book that I had to read. I was excited and willing to wait for the colorful editions to come out. If this is telling you anything, it’s that I am not very patient. I purchased one of the regular copies (it still has a beautiful cover in my book) and read it immediately. Cath and Levi’s relationship gave me warm fuzzies throughout the book. Probably also the most relatable Freshman at college book I have read.
- Mosquitoland- David Arnold: This was on a list of Most Anticipated YA books of 2015 when I first was introduced to the book. Upon reading the synopsis, I was sold. I got the book a few weeks after it came out and ate it up. This was another book with a spectacular protagonist. Mim is beautiful and edgy. I was so excited upon finishing this book that I attempted to do the warpaint. I didn’t have any lipstick (I don’t wear makeup) but I did have watercolors.
- All the Bright Places- Jennifer Niven: The FEELS. This book is beautiful. I know I’ve said it about most books on this list. Violet and Fitch are amazing. I loved reading about their travels. But this book put me on an emotional rollercoaster. I cried.
Total Read: 7
And now for a shorter list of all the books I have purchased to read:
- On the Road
- We All Looked Up
- The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight
- The Oddessy
- The Curious Case of a Dog in the Night-time
- The Age of Ra
- The Knife of Never Letting Go
- The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
- Top 10 Clues You’re Clueless
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- Instinct (currently
- Durarara Yellow Scarves Arc volume 2
And the list of books I have still to finish:
- Mythology- Edith Hamilton
- The October Country- Ray Bradbury (I’m currently on The Wind and it’s slightly freaking me out, but most of them have)
I’m curious to see how many I get done in the next three months before I am dragged back into the world of academia.